Important Message About Housing and Registration
September 16, 2022
We appreciate your patience as we are working through the extraordinary demand for hotel guest rooms at this year’s Pathway to Excellence® and Magnet® co-located conference in Philadelphia. This update will address both housing and registration.
All 35+ conference hotel blocks contracted by ANCC are SOLD OUT. While there are no further room blocks available to us, there are available hotel rooms across Philadelphia.
What does this mean for me and my organization?
If you have requested hotel rooms AND have been waiting for a hotel assignment, or if you’re just registering for the first time, we recommend you consider these steps to select a Philadelphia hotel of your choosing:
- Secure hotel guest rooms by directly contacting hotels
- Utilize your organization’s corporate travel agency
- Search hotel websites and hotel aggregators (e.g., Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, etc.) for the best rates
- Search the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau list of Places to Stay https://www.discoverphl.com/blog/places-to-stay-near-the-pennsylvania-convention-center/
Please note that by choosing to stay at any hotel, you and/or your organization are also agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of that hotel, which includes, without limitation, making direct payments to the hotel for your stay and any risks associated with your hotel choice.
Will I have transportation to conference activities if I book a hotel on my own?
- Complimentary conference shuttles are available for all conference registrants at any ANCC official conference hotels
- For hotels that do not have shuttle services (i.e., those outside the ANCC hotel list), please check the ANCC shuttle schedule for the nearest conference hotel that offers shuttle service to and from the convention center and the Welcome Party. You are welcome to use the nearest conference shuttle or secure your own transportation.
- Map of conference hotels here
- Shuttle schedules will be available in the official conference app
- Real-time shuttle locator will also be available in the official conference app
Aren’t we required to use the ANCC housing site for conference hotel reservations?
No. Every year, we secure blocks of hotel rooms in our host city to provide discounted housing options for conference attendees and this is the first time the block of rooms we have secured are sold out. Therefore, we now recommend, for this year, securing your housing directly by contacting hotels of your choosing.
What if I cannot find a hotel for myself or my group?
- If you cannot find hotel accommodations and do not attend the conference in-person, attendees are welcome to use the one-day in-person registration option and/or the Virtual Access Registration details and information, including CNE hours available, are found in the links provided.
- NEW! For those who have a pending hotel room request (as of September 15, 2022) that we were unable to fulfill, we are offering up to five (5) FREE virtual registrations! Eligible individuals will be notified via the housing website in a separate correspondence.
- NEW! If you need to cancel your in-person registration, we have extended the risk-free cancellations (no fee) to Friday, Sept 23, 2022. Cancellation details are here.
Is conference registration closing?
- No, we are not closing registration. We have plenty of meeting space at the Pennsylvania Convention Center for all conference attendees!
- Both in-person registration options and Virtual Access registration will remain open throughout the conference.
Our Group Registration payment has been sent but we cannot finish the registration process?
If you have a registration payment confirmation and 7 business days have passed since your payment was sent, please contact the Registration team:
Magnet/Pathway Conference 2022 Registration
Hours of operation: 8:00 a.m.– 5:30 p.m. CDT
Domestic Toll-Free: 1.800.485.2879
International Phone: +1.972.349.7664
WHY WAS HOUSING SOLD OUT THIS YEAR?
We are seeing a notable increase in conference registrations now that the country is turning the tide from pandemic to endemic. COVID-19 has caused changes in the hospitality industry. In many cities, the hotels are offering organizations fewer secured blocks of rooms at discounted rates for conventions, conferences, and meetings. This factor contributed to the housing challenges that we are experiencing for our conference this year and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. Despite the challenges, ANCC encourages you to consider the recommendations to secure housing or to join us virtually for another world-class conference experience.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
Vice President, ANCC
Pathway to Excellence® and Magnet Recognition Programs®
Director, Conference and Meeting Services
American Nurses Association Enterprise