VIRTUAL ACCESS PLATFORM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
SESSIONS TO LAUNCH THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12 AT 9:00 A.M. CST – VIRTUAL ACCESS-ONLY REGISTRANT INCLUDES:
For Virtual Access-Only registrants, the conference schedule will activate sessions based on the Central Time Zone and will occur over two days, October 12-13, 2023. Access to the virtual platform opens for a sneak peek of the conference on October 11. Twenty pre-recorded virtual concurrent sessions and 70+ posters have been pre-selected and will cover both Magnet® and Pathway to Excellence® topics. Pre-selection is not required. Pre-recorded concurrent sessions and posters can be viewed on-demand through December 4, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m. ET.
The agenda includes the following:
Day 1: Wednesday, October 11 access opens to explore what the virtual access platform has to offer, plan your schedule and start networking with attendees.
Day 2: Thursday, October 12 commences with a live-streamed Opening General Session. Access to ten concurrent Magnet and Pathway to Excellence virtual sessions will be released and all posters will also be available for viewing. After watching your sessions on-demand, virtual attendees are able to connect with the presenters via a live, interactive networking Q & A session. The live Q & A will be accessed through a separate link provided with the on-demand session details. Attendees may view a recording of the virtual concurrent session after the live session has ended. Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credit will be awarded for each virtual concurrent session. Discussions do not include CNE credit. The live-streamed celebrations and individual nurse awards will also be available! ANAE programmatic roundtable discussions will also be available. The Thursday afternoon general session will feature the executive welcome, keynote Shawn Achor, ANCC Magnet Prize and ANCC Pathway Award presentation, along with the much-anticipated Magnet and Pathway designation celebration.
Day 3: Friday, October 13 be part of a second day of learning and engagement. Access the live-streamed general session featuring Suneel Gupta, the ANCC Magnet and ANCC Pathway Nurse of the Year Awards. and the remaining ten concurrent sessions. The live Q & A can be accessed via a separate link provided with the on-demand session details. CNE credit will be provided for on-demand sessions only. ANA Enterprise programmatic roundtable discussions will also be available.
After Saturday, October 14 access to all virtual concurrent sessions and posters is available on-demand, through December 4, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m. ET. Roundtable discussions will not be available.
Please note: If viewing the virtual concurrent sessions on-demand after the live session timeframe, there will NOT be access to the live, interactive chat. Attendees may contact the presenters directly via their contact information should there be additional questions.
Virtual sessions are comprised of twenty pre-recorded sessions that will cover both Magnet and Pathway to Excellence (PTE) topics. Fifteen of these pre-recorded sessions are NEW presentations that are not included in the in-person conference. Five of the pre-recorded sessions are considered a “Must See” and will be presented at the in-person conference and pre-recorded for the virtual platform.
*Please note: the five pre-recorded sessions may slightly differ if viewed in-person; however, the overall content will remain the same. Attendees who attend the five pre-recorded sessions, whether in-person or on-demand, may only claim 1.0 CNE credit for the session. CNE may NOT be claimed for attending the same session both in-person and on-demand. These exclusive sessions are not mandatory, yet are thoughtfully designed for both in-person and virtual attendees ensuring that everyone can take part in the excitement of sharing these topics.
All on-demand virtual concurrent sessions are awarded 1.0 CNE. If the session recording does not last the entire hour, reflection questions are included for attendees to contemplate; therefore, allows the session to equal one hour. CNE is not awarded for the live Q & A sessions.
Attendees will have access to over 70+ virtual posters. Posters will be arranged into eight (8) poster groups. Each poster group is worth 1.0 CNE. To receive poster CNE credit, attendees must view all the posters in a poster group. Attendees may earn up to 8.0 CNE if all poster groups are viewed.
Session handouts can be found under the Handouts/CNE section on the virtual platform or in the conference mobile app for those who attended the conference in-person. Presenters are not required to provide resources, tools, or a PowerPoint presentation for their session. If resources, tools, or a PowerPoint presentation of the session are not available under the Handouts/CNE section, this means that there are no handouts available for that session. If attendees have specific questions about the session and additional resources are not available, please reach out to the individual presenter(s) via the contact information provided in their presentation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING CNE
- Log into this site: https://bit.ly/2023ANCCFallconference using the email address provided when you registered for this event. ***Use your last name and password to log into the system.
- After a session has ended, use the Browse Sessions or Search options to navigate to the session you attended and click on the session title.
- For presentations: Click on the “ Claim CNE Credit” button after each virtual presentation, submit the attestation statement, and answer the CNE outcomes question to earn CNE contact hours for each presentation. Repeat this process for each session that you attended.
- For poster groups: Click on the “Claim CNE Credit” button, submit the attestation, and answer the CNE outcomes question to earn CNE contact hours for each poster group. Repeat this process for each poster group that is viewed.
- The hard deadline for evaluating sessions (podium and poster) and claiming CNE Contact Hours is Monday, December 18, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m. ET. *There are no exceptions for evaluating and claiming CNE Contact Hours after this deadline. Only podium and poster sessions that were evaluated before the deadline will be printed on the CNE certificate. The CNE system cannot be reopened after the deadline. This is to ensure the ANA Accredited Provider Unit is following ANCC Accreditation Standards for awarding CNE credit. Functioning outside of this standard is strictly prohibited.
The American Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
ANA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP17219.
TECH SUPPORT FOR VIRTUAL SESSIONS AND POSTERS
For any technical issues with the virtual platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding claiming CNE? Please contact 1.401.334.0220 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, via email email@example.com, or by completing an online form at https://ana.confex.com/ana/feedback.epl?jsclose=1.
Questions about a session or poster? All presenters have provided their contact information on their last presentation slide or the poster, please reach out to them on your own.
- Use Google Chrome as your internet browser — and please make sure you have the most up to date version. The platform will not perform reliably using other browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
- Having audio issues? Please make sure your computer audio is turned on and the video player window is unmuted.
- Use a strong internet connection with a dedicated speed of at least 3 Mbps. If your connection is slower, you may still participate, but load times may be longer than normal. You can execute this speed test to check your connection.
- Disconnect from VPN or corporate networks.
- Disable any firewalls.
- All roundtable discussions will be conducted via Zoom, so be sure to download the Zoom desktop app to your computer. You can do this at www.zoom.us/download. If you already have Zoom downloaded to your computer, be sure you update to the latest version.
- Finally, we suggest using a laptop or desktop computer to participate in the event. While the site is enabled for mobile devices, the experience is optimal on a laptop or desktop.
Is the content not loading or has “glitches”?
- Log out of the event site.
- Clear your browser’s cache. If you need assistance, this guide will walk you through the process: https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/.
- Restart your computer.
- Log back into the event site.