2024 ANA Research Symposium
Tuesday, October 29, 2024
New Orleans, Louisiana
The ANA Enterprise is excited to bring to you the Research Symposium for another year. Join us for this year’s symposium event, Elevating Nursing Through Innovation and Research, organized by the ANAE Research Council, and The Institute for Nursing Research and Quality Management. We will meet in New Orleans, Louisiana on Tuesday, October 29 for a full day of interaction and information. The Research Symposium will be held in conjunction with the co-located ANCC National Magnet Recognition® and ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Conferences.
The symposium is designed for individuals engaged in all phases of research within their nursing programs, particularly practice-based research; nursing leaders, and those who focus on developing research programs.
This year’s theme emphasizes the role of innovative approaches in nursing.
Research Symposium Highlights
Sessions and posters may be focused on the following topic areas:
- Developing a successful practice-based research project
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging in practice-based research
- Competence/analysis/methods for EBP – discerning types and quality of evidence
- Advancing EBP to translational research
- Developing and engaging of nurses who come from diverse communities and backgrounds in practice-based research
- Value of nursing (economic added value)
- Building a culture of research inquiry, professional development, and mentorship
- Advocating for and supporting an interprofessional research-friendly environment
- Engaging clinical nurses and patients in research
- Navigating and maximizing PhD-DNP collaborations
- Collaboration between schools of nursing and practice environments (academic-practice partnership models)
- Nursing outcomes research and nurse well-being
- Research design and methodological approaches
- Networking opportunities to share innovative ideas with nurses, researchers, and other participants.
After attending the symposium, participants will be able to:
- Integrate qualitative and quantitative research methods into an organizational research program
- Develop interprofessional collaboration and clinical-academic partnerships
- Identify and overcome challenges to nursing research
- Build an inclusive and diverse research team addressing inequity in healthcare
- Bring back innovative solutions to research teams and the organization
- Carry forward a renewed spirit and strategies to sustain that spirit in research
The symposium commences with an opening Plenary distinguished research leader and closes the day with a Keynote Lecture by a leader in research education at a top-tier university. The event format will be in-person, with concurrent sessions in several tracks all day from which participants can choose, including panels and interactive programming. Lunch is included as an intimate networking opportunity and posters will be presented.