We are excited to come together in-person again, but also recognize this year will be a little different. Your safety remains our top priority. (As the conference nears we may update our safety protocols based on any updated guidance).
The City of Atlanta is open for business and has been hosting events for several months. In addition to the world-class safety protocols already in place at the Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) and our host hotels, we are providing the following resources and highlighting some of the COVID-19 protocols you can expect to see.
- Currently ANCC is considering designating mask zones in locations where large numbers of attendees will gather, such as general sessions and concurrent session rooms.
- We have also increased the seating for meals so attendees can enjoy themselves outside of mask zones.
(Note: this is subject to change, and we will update this guidance closer to November)
- Dedicated entry and exit points will be established wherever possible to spread people more evenly throughout the space.
- The check-in and badge pickup process will have more locations to reduce crowding at registration.
- GBAC STAR™ Accreditation: GWCC was the first convention center in the U.S. to achieve GBAC STAR™ accreditation for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention. It is the industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation. GBAC STAR enables facilities to create and maintain an organized, effective approach to work practices, protocols, procedures, and systems to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19.
- Enhanced physical cleaning will be a high priority with ongoing sanitizing of high-traffic areas throughout the convention center and hotels including common areas, bathrooms, door handles, elevators and escalators.
- Electrostatic sprayers are part of the standard overnight cleaning regimen inside meeting rooms, ballrooms and auditoriums. Electrostatic sprayers contain positively charged particles that adhere to surfaces and thus are effective in disinfecting the entire room including chairs, tables, and other surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the convention center and in our official hotels.
- Upgraded HVAC filters for improved air quality.
ANCC will be following all local health and safety mandates, which include encouraging anyone planning to attend be vaccinated or have recently received a negative COVID-19 test.
ANCC is committed to keeping attendees safe during the event. As a member of the healthcare community, we each play an important role to keep each other as safe as possible.
As a participant, I pledge to do my part to keep myself, my fellow attendees, and other people healthy and safe by agreeing to the following:
- I understand ANCC strongly encourages attendees to either be fully vaccinated or recently had a negative COVID-19 test.
- I am aware that how each person chooses to navigate the safety practices associated COVID-19 varies from person to person and I respect each person’s individual choice.
- I will follow the safety guidelines onsite, including wearing a mask in designated mask zones.
- I will stay at home or in my hotel room if I am feeling sick.
Thank you for doing your part to keep the event a safe and comfortable experience for everyone.