REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
You’re invited to the 2021 ANCC NCPD Summit (taking place November 9-10, 2021, in conjunction with the Magnet®/Pathway co-located conference in Atlanta. The ANCC NCPD Summit was formerly the ANCC CNE Symposium. We have rebranded the CNE Symposium to bring you a fresh take on nursing continuing professional development.
Attend the 2021 ANCC NCPD Summit to ignite your passion, be inspired, and innovate in your practice. Leave feeling empowered, engaged, and energized as part of a community of practice that uses professional development to prepare nurses to drive change and achieve key results.
NCPD SUMMIT HIGHLIGHTS
- Fabulous keynote speakers
- Innovation Showcase
- Riveting real-time NCPD best practice presentations
- Research Roadshow — Exhibits showcasing NCPD programming research findings with measurable impact
- Silver Lining Playbook – Showcases how organizations found the “silver lining” during times of unprecedented change and leveraged being an accredited provider of NCPD, emphasizing professional growth and development to achieve identified outcomes.
- Informational educational sessions
- Earn up to 11.4 CNE credits
- Networking opportunities
The ANCC NCPD Summit will help you transform nursing professional practice and the future of nursing, through Leading Learning.
Leverage the power of nursing continuing professional development while achieving and exceeding organizational goals. Learn to create an environment to support the nursing community and continue to ensure all patients receive high-quality and safe health care. NCPD is the catalyst to inspire growth and development, ignite professional passion, and spark innovation in nursing practice.
- Reignite your passion for NCPD through inspirational stories of growth and overcoming adversity.
- Engage in thought-provoking exercises to assess your own NPD practice and develop tools to not only achieve, but also surpass organizational goals.
- Explore innovative learning platforms and technological tools that will elevate the delivery of NPD and improve efficiency in data collection and evaluations.
- Identify imaginative learning engagement strategies that will excite learners and lead to meaningful and impactful NCPD.
- Engage in powerful discussions surrounding the importance of collaboration in the advancement of NPD and develop strategies for maintaining effective partnerships.
- Step out from behind your computer screen and engage in some long-awaited networking with fellow professional development practitioners, face to face, in a safe, energizing environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- ANCC accredited provider program directors and nurse planners
- NPD practitioners and specialists
- Providers of products and services for continuing education and NPD
- Nurses, faculty, or students with a focus on NPD or education
- Nursing leaders (managers, directors, CNOs)
EdD, DNP, RN-BC, FAAN
DNP, MA, MHA, RN, CENP, FACHE
Chief Clinical Officer Wambi
BA – COO/Co-founder of Shift
BA – CEO/Founder of Shift
DNP, FNP-C, NPD-BC, CEN
MSN, RN, NPD-BC
Jillian A. Russell
MSN, RN, NPD-BC
Join us for this information-packed day and earn up to 11.4 CNE credits. Return to your workplace energized with new ideas, implementation tools, and a network of colleagues from across the globe.
Note: The American Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. ANA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP17219.
Jennifer Graebe MSN, RN, NEA-BC, Director, Nursing Continuing Professional Development & Joint Accreditation Program, ANCC
Jillian Russell, MSN, RN, NPD-BC
Immerse yourself in state-of-the-art innovative learning platforms and virtual reality technology that can help your organization leverage professional engagement strategies, evaluative methods, and efficiently aggregate outcome data. This session is sure to be a crowd pleaser with valuable information. Continue the excitement by joining us for a reception to kick off the 2021 ANCC NCPD Summit!
Wendy Morgan BA – CEO/Founder of Shift
Bonnie Clipper DNP, MA, MHA, RN, CENP, FACHE – Chief Clinical Officer Wambi
Experience virtual reality and learn how this immersive tool can increase professional engagement, augment current training strategies, and automate evaluative methods. Includes a hand-on demo
ShiftBias has generously offered to provide a detailed session to fill the entire Learning Show slot on Artificial Intelligence and application to nursing professional development.
Reception (5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
DAY 2 (7:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.)
Registration and Breakfast
Recap and Agenda Briefing for the Day
Keynote — Paving a New Path Forward: the Power of Nursing Continuous Professional Development
Launette Woolforde, EdD, DNP, RN-BC, FAAN
Global health crises and societal inequities are among the many factors that impact healthcare and nursing. Nursing continuous professional development (NCPD) is a foundational component for enduring unprecedented times and ongoing struggles affecting public health. Through NCPD, nurses are able to embrace new ways of thinking and apply worldly and critical strategies as key decision makers at the bedside and in the boardroom. Nursing Professional Development (NPD) and its practitioners have the power to break down barriers, transform culture and lead through challenge and change. In order to do so, NPD practitioners must understand its broad scope and impact and leverage it to thrust organizations, healthcare and society forward.
This session will challenge attendees to assess their engagement and effectiveness as dynamic, boundary pushing NPD practitioners using compelling examples to demonstrate the scope and impact of NPD practitioners as leaders in healthcare and NCPD as essential for nursing practice.
Accreditation Talks: Best Practices
These engaging 10-minute presentations demonstrate how organizations support and integrate best practice as accredited providers of NCPD. Get insights on how being an NCPD-accredited provider changed their vision or perspective to remove barriers and build capacity to enhance and improve nursing practice. Riveting real-time impactful presentations will leave you wanting more!
Working Session — One Extra Step, Part 1
Renee Davis, MSN, RN, NPD-BC
Cultivating learner engagement has been a persistent challenge in NCPD. The COVID-19 pandemic, evolving learner preferences, and rapid changes, availability, and advances in educational technology tools and platforms have exacerbated this issue. This working session provides an opportunity to engage in design thinking and identify learner engagement strategies that look beyond completion rates for personalized learning. You’ll have the chance to pitch how you can go “One Extra Step” with your approaches to NCPD activities.
Working Session — One Extra Step, Part 2
Renee Davis, MSN, RN, NPD-BC
These thought-provoking presentations show how organizations conducted research on their NCPD programming and/or operations as accredited providers of NCPD. They demonstrate the relevance to NCPD practice, clinical practice, system/public health, and the future. Get some key takeaways to share with your peers within the NCPD landscape!
Silver Lining Playbook
Cutting-edge presentations showcase how organizations leveraged being an NCPD accredited providers to find the “silver lining” during times of unprecedented change and support team members’ professional growth and development. These presentations will inspire NCPD providers across the globe. You will not want to miss this session!
Closing Speaker – TBD
THANK YOU TO OUR NETWORKING RECEPTION SPONSOR