Join us October 11-12 in Philadelphia for the ANCC Nursing Continuing Professional Development (NCPD) Summit! This inspiring and fun-filled event will be held just before the 2022 National Magnet Conference® and Pathway to Excellence Conference®.
NCPD is the catalyst to motivate nurses to fuel their professional practice and cultivate innovation. You will leave feeling empowered, engaged, and energized as part of a practice community that uses professional development to prepare nurses to drive change and achieve key results.
ANCC NCPD SUMMIT HIGHLIGHTS
- Riveting keynote speakers
- Captivating real-time working sessions on outcome-based CNE, test writing, and competency assessment development
- Earn up to 14 CNE credit hours
- Celebrate Premier Award recipients
- Engage in multiple networking opportunities to expand your professional contacts and support system
- Presentations from NCPD leaders including:
- ACCRED Talks (ANCC’s version of TED Talks) highlighting NCPD best practices
- Research Roadshow exhibits showcasing NCPD research findings with measurable impact
- Accreditation with distinction panel discussion identifying exemplary NPD practices
The ANCC NCPD Summit will help you transform nursing professional practice and the future of nursing, through Leading Learning.
The ANCC NCPD Summit is an inspiring and fun filled event that will stimulate you to perform at the top of your NPD practice! This is a unique opportunity to enhance your practice in accredited NCPD and foster an environment of growth and learning for the nursing community. Come to this years NCPD Summit to learn how to leverage Accreditation frameworks and professional development modalities to achieve and exceed organizational goals through innovation.
- Learn more about the outcome-based CE model©, and how competency-based education (CBE) and team-based education can bolster NCPD experiences.
- Harness the human factor in professional development, teaching, and learning, and discover why learner engagement is critical.
- Identify how NCPD creates a strong foundation to support professional growth.
Leave the Summit with a spring in your step and ready to articulate the value of NCPD and deliver top-notch NCPD that is outcomes driven to cultivate the professional practice of nurses!
Jennifer Graebe, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, Director, Nursing Continuing Professional Development & Joint Accreditation Program, ANCC
Keynote Speaker: Rebecca Love
Innovating Quality Data to Drive Professional Development in Nursing
The career path for nurses at the bedside can often feel as if it follows a linear line and trajectory. That trajectory may have worked well for previous generations of nurses, but it is failing our most recent generation of nursing professionals. We must think differently. There is so much opportunity to use quality data metrics to develop critical new pathways of nursing professional development, upskilling, and training to meet the demands of an ever-changing health care landscape that will redefine the future of nursing.
Working Session: Learning in the Absence of Time: Outcome-Based Continuing Education (OB-CE) and OB-CE abstract presentations
Working Session: Test Assessment and Competency Development from the ANCC Measurement Services Program
Reception Dinner and Premier Award Celebration
Welcome and Recap
Nursing Continuing Professional Development Program Team
Featured Speaker: Rick Guidotti
Positive Exposure: Change How You See, See How You Change
Allow yourself to be immersed in a creative journey that will give you a deeper understanding and respect for human diversity through photography. This is a learning experience that will challenge you to see differently, to think differently, and to do differently. It will provide you an opportunity to frame or tailor learning experiences to address DEI and be more humanistic.
- ACCRED Talks: Best Practices in NCPD
- Research Roadshow
- Taking the Leap: Accreditation with Distinction Panel Discussion
*Order of events subject to change
Join us for two information-packed days and earn up to 14.0 CNE credits. Return to your workplace energized with new ideas, implementation tools, and a network of colleagues from across the globe.
Note: The American Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. ANA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP17219.
REASONS TO ATTEND
- Reignite your passion for NCPD through inspirational stories of growth and overcoming adversity.
- Partake in learner-centric NCPD planning to disrupt traditional methods of learning.
- Explore the importance of diversity and mindfulness to elevate the planning and delivery of NCPD.
- Identify imaginative engagement strategies that will excite learners and lead to meaningful and impactful NCPD.
- Connect in powerful discussions about the importance of collaboration in the advancement of NPD, and develop strategies for maintaining effective partnerships.
- Step out from behind your screen and engage in some long-awaited networking with fellow professional development practitioners – face-to-face in a safe, energizing environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- ANCC accredited provider program directors and nurse planners
- NPD practitioners and specialists
- Nurses, faculty, or students with a focus on NPD or education
- Nursing leaders (managers, directors, CNOs)